Wednesday, April 26, 2006

That rattling noise is just my brain

There are any number of blogworthy topics rolling around in my head right now. None of which seem to want to come together in a coherent post. Originally I had thought about the price of gas now, but really, that's just too easy, isn't it?

Or maybe our constant reliance on cell phones. This popped into my head last night as I watched my 17 and 18 year old co-workers obsessively check their phones through out the night. None of them can understand how I can leave mine in the car *gasp*, turned off *no!* during my shift. It's just hard for me to explain to them that I'm from the generation that survived before cell phones and believe it or not, we often were forced to make our plans ahead of time! Shocking concept.

I also saw this tidbit this morning as I was perusing the internet. Ten years ago I was watching the O's and the Yanks when that little bastard Jeffrey Maier leaned over and stole the ball and the Birds best chances of making it out of playoffs. My room mate and I (I was still in college at this point) both looked at each other then yelled at the TV "Why isn't that kid in school!" I'm not sure but I think his picture is still hanging up at Camden Yards on the Most Wanted list.

I stumbled across this posting yesterday afternoon on Slate. In light of my own lack of enthusiasm lately regarding the blog, I was intrigued. While I may never totally take the blog down, I think it's good to step back every now and then. After all, there is more to life than just sitting in front of your computer day in and day out.

Since I'm still at a loss, I'll leave you with this. My co-worker who fills my inbox with forwards every chance she gets sent this yesterday. I swear I was laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face. So of course I forwarded it on too because really, doesn't this just say it all?

No comments: