Monday, May 22, 2006

Onward and upward

Today I actually feel like a human being again.

My throat isn't swollen to the point where I can only consume popsicles (this morning I enjoyed whole grain toast and soy milk, yum!) or yogurt. The swollen lymph nodes (the bump on my neck) are almost back to normal. And I'm starting to get my appetite back, not exactly something I'd like to happen as I managed to drop about 7lbs over the course of my illness, but hey, life goes on.

Now I don't have much of an excuse for planting my butt on the couch for long periods of time. Or not doing the dishes for that matter (didn't want to spread germs to the room mates now, did I?).

Instead I again start my day with a laundry list of things that need to get accomplished.

Including finally getting my pictures developed from the wedding extravaganza of a month ago. Yep. That's right, I said developed. This girl still does not own a digital camera. Heck, I don't even own A camera. Most of the time I just go and pick up one of those cheap disposable jobbies at Target or Wal-Mart and have at it. Oh and there's also my cell phone. It has a little camera in it but unless I'm right in someone's face, the pics don't usually turn out that well. This one may be the exception:


That's my friend Brent. By the time this picture was taken we were well on our way to putting a major dent in the open bar. I told him to turn and pose. This is what I got, his best attempt at a model's pout. He's going to kill me for posting this if he ever finds out.

But that's what photo's are for, right? Sharing. And embarassing your friends as much as possible.

No comments: