Monday, June 12, 2006

You say soccer, I say hot guys who rip their shirts off on a regular basis

For those of you not in the know (which is about 85% of the American population), the FIFA World Cup started Friday. On the plus side, it's being held in Germany so the games aren't on at odd hours of the night (I have vicious memories of waking myself up at 3 a.m. just to watch the U.S. play when it was in Korea).

The downside? I'm forced to follow the game via ESPN.com's webcast as much on the down low as possible. Just missed a Czech goal, by the way. This is killing me!

Grrrr. If my boss caught me on the internet as much as I really am, well, the consequences would be catastrophic. As in the whole team (much to the joy of our evil IT department) would be cut off for good.

So what's a girl to do?

Play a little Mission Impossible when it comes to my perusal of the world wide web. And try to find a job that will allow me to watch sports with reckless abandon on a daily basis. Could such a dream job be out there?

Maybe, but until then it's cat and mouse with the bosses, and a quick trigger finger on the minimizing button on my screen.

duh-duh-duhduh (think MI's theme song)...

No comments: