Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Great Bathroom Standoff - The end?

It seems as if a truce of some kind has been called beween the dog and I. He lets me sleep until 5 a.m. and I reward him with loooooong walks that are sure to tire him out for a good 6 or 7 hours.

There are some flare ups in the Stonewood area as a certain rebel begs to go out at 2:30 a.m. right as a storm are hitting (like Monday morning). But otherwise, all is calm in South Central Pennsyltucky. Only two more days and the Supreme Leader returns to deal with the fuzzy faced rebel. God help her.

But anyway, Happy Fourth of July. In honor of our favorite holiday in the U.S. for slacking off and drinking way too much I am posting the following that would probably make our Founding Fathers roll with laughter or cry in embarrassment. I'm not quite sure which yet.

From Phyllis at Drinking Liberally

From Dr. Mark S. Burrows, Professor of the History of Christianity
Andover Newton Theological School

23rd Qualm (written by a retired Methodist minister)

Bush is my shepherd, I dwell in want.
He maketh logs to be cut down in national forests.
He leadeth trucks into the still wilderness.
He restoreth my fears.
He leadeth me in the paths of international disgrace for his ego's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of pollution and war, I will find no exit,
for thou art in office.
Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy media control, they discomfort me.
Thou preparest an agenda of deception in the presence of thy religion.
Thou annointest my head with foreign oil.
My health insurance runneth out.
Surely megalomania and false patriotism shall follow me all the days of thy
term,
And my jobless child shall dwell in my basement forever.
amen!

From those wacky kids at JibJab.com: http://www.jibjab.com/JokeBox/JokeBox_JJOrig.aspx?movieid=66

I had another one but my computer ate it. Greedy bastard.

Anyway, have a happy 4th of July and please drink lots of beers for me as I will be watching our local fireworks from the front door of my part time job. Doesn't get anymore American than that folks.

No comments: