Monday, October 16, 2006

Scenes from a Sunday afternoon hike in October

Yesterday was just too nice to sit inside. The sunshine, the cool weather and the beautiful blue skies were calling my name once I finally dragged myself out of bed at 11 a.m. So after some errand running, I drove to one of the many county parks in the area and hiked one of the shorter trails (about 1-1/4 mi long). It's amazing how motivated one can be once they decide to take control of their life...

William H. Kain County park which holds Lake Redman...



Even the flowers were trying to hold on to summer...

Fall is closing in though, the crunchy carpet of leaves left no doubt that we would be waking up to frosty morning and a need for a heavy coat.

Not sure what kind of flowers these are, but they were pinkish purple and I liked them.

Eventually it was time to go.

These pictures were taken with my cell phone camera, luckily only one other hiker saw me trying to take pictures like this. They just smiled, said hello, and kept on walking. Sweet Moses do I need a digital camera.

1 comment:

The Dummy said...

Now that's the right way to spend a weekend!