Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A whole new meaning to giving thanks

After the stress and constant rehearsing of the speech in my head, Monday's doctor appointment was almost a relief. My doctor, Nancy, is wonderful. We talked about the incident. I told her about my taking of Plan B, which she didn't realize was available locally. Then she told me I did the right thing because had I not, I would be having the talk about prenancy. She calculated the timing and of course, I was right in the middle of my cycle. Prime fertilization time.

My appointment finished up, Nancy gave me a script for birth control, reminded me to be more careful and sent me on my way. Thank god nobody saw me do a little jig in the parking lot. He had been texting me the night before, still asking me if I was sure, are you still going to the doctor, make sure you text me when you get out, blah, blah, blah. Just to torture a little bit, I waited to text. Actually, I was going to send a message along to the lines of "We need to talk", but seeing as how it would have given him a massive coronary in the middle of his work day, I decided against it.

"No bamino."

Just like that. His reply?

"Good"

Surprisingly, we've still been talking. I thought for sure after this episode he would cut and run. Hell, I would have. But no. We're still planning to get together on and off. We both have off a few days next week (me for the birthday extravaganza week and him because he's a teacher and get's off almost every other week) and have made plans to just hang out a little bit. Next Saturday we're going to a hockey game courtesy of my full-time.

That being said, there's a lot to be thankful for this year. My family, my soon to be born niece, my friends, my job and just that I am able to get on with my life without a major life altering event taking place before I'm ready. Oh, and the Democrats have taken back control of the House and Senate.



So while The Shrub sit's down to dinner with Carl Rove, Condi and the rest of the clan, get ready to give thanks for another year in Washington while they still can, I'd like to wish you all a very happy and safe Thanksgiving.

No comments: