Sunday, March 04, 2007

The time she does fly

The weekends are flying just as fast now as the week days. It's almost like Friday hits, I blink my eyes and bam, Sunday night. No down time. No break in the action. Just constant motion and flurry of all kinds of responsibilites from work to family gatherings.

This weekend was no different.

Today I had just enough time to stop at Target for a baby shower gift for tomorrow (snuck up on me) and drop by my sister's house to take a gift for my niece (cause she isn't spoiled enough already). I didn't stay long. My sister's in-laws were there and I didn't want to intrude. Besides I had just put in a six hour shift at my part-time job and was ready to get home.

As I came into the living room, room mate #1 handed me at take out menu. "I'm ordering right now," he said as he held the phone away from his ear. "Ummm, o.k., o.k....give me a chicken parm sandwich." I handed back the menu and headed upstairs to change out of my work clothes and into my pajamas.

I plopped myself back down on the couch I asked "Is it really almost 6 o'clock?" Room mate #1 just looked at me from his spot on the other couch where he was sprawled out. "Yep, time flies when you're having fun."

"Yeah, I guess so."

My week this week is just as full, with work, indoor practice and other commitments. Each day ending later and later with not much else to show for it. All of this business has a purpose, I supose. And if I ever figure it out, I'll let you know.

No comments: