Monday, April 30, 2007

This is going to be the BEST SUMMER EVER!

Today, on the way to the gym (now that I actually have the time I'm a regular atendee and have dropped about 6lbs so far) TBD called.

"Let's go get dinner."

"Umm, I just used my last $10 to buy gas until I get paid Tuesday at midnight. I'm seriously poor until I start getting paychecks from the baseball team."

"Oh. Well, I owe you for drinks from that one time. I'll pay."

"No, no. I don't want you - "

"No, really, it's o.k. I'll pay for your dinner. No biggie. We'll be even."

Well, if you're going to twist my arm...o.k."

"5ish o.k.?"

"Sure. Call JP and let him know. I just got off the phone with him."

"O.k."

We hung up. It's weird but we've been talking and hanging out a lot more than ever lately. I like it. I like that we've become such good friends. I like that we've made this transition to hangout buddies.

TBD and I met up at one of the best places in town with a deck, settled in with drinks (him a jack & coke, me a water) and an appetizer of steamed shrimp and waited for JP to show up. We talked about this and that, his school year ending, my summer of baseball and general nothingness, both of our attempts at making ourselves smaller. He's about 15lbs from his goal, which I greatly admire after seeing all of the hard work he's done over the last couple of months. I'm getting back into the swing of things. Just need to cut the carb intake (it's an addiction) and stop the beer drinking and I think I'll be on the right track.

After JP arrived we ordered, continued with our regurlarly scheduled sillyness and decided to walk to the new baseball stadium. TBD isn't that familiar with the downtown area and JP just wanted to see what was up with it. After a nice walk, we started making our way back to where we had started when we passed another of the incredibly cool bars downtown. I happened to notice a motorcycle that looked suspiciously like one belonging to the amazingly hot keyboard player.

It was him. I hadn't intended on saying anything...but I did. And I'm glad I did! He invited TBD, JP and I to join him for drinks on his tab at the bar. Not ones to give up free drinks, we did. Boy did we. I know I knocked back at least 2 shots (a three wisemen and a surfer on acid, i think) and a beer. Sweet moses. I was a little tipsy by the time we left, but declined The Keyboard Player's invitation to join him at my former place of employment.

Oh man, if this is what my summer is going to be like, hanging out with fun (and hot to boot) guys, knocking back drinks and laughing my patootie off, then this is definitely going to be one of the best summers ever!

No comments: