Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The 62" monster doth dieth

Sometime back in February, around the the same time as the last blizzard, a monster came to live at my house. It is 62" in size, high definition and gives me motion sickness when we watch nature shows on discovery.

Now, I can take or leave television. I won't deny it, I do have a few favorite shows I don't like to miss and with the added bonus of sattelite, I can watch O's games whenever I want and movies out the wazoo. There are some days though when I'd just rather bury my nose in a book and that is that. In fact, 3/4 of the time my room mates will come home to find me reading with the television on, totally oblivious to what's going on on the big screen.

Monday morning I woke up to a note that the television was broken.

Oh, the horror.

So, because I live with two guys who, god forbid should go for extended periods of time without watching their shows on the bigscreen, a repairman was called post haste...and it turns out the thing nees a new lamp or some such business. Repairs (including labor) will be in the $500 range. Ummm...not really worth it if you ask me, but it's being repaired.

Unlike the crappy shower head that's been driving me insane for the last 3 years.

No comments: