Friday, September 28, 2007

Racing

In two weeks I'll be participating in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Hunt Valley, Md. Now, those of you who have been reading this blog for any period of time know that finding a cure for ugly monster of breast cancer is something I've been involved with for a long time. As a woman, it's one of the most personal causes I can involve myself in. And just this year, the cause hit close to home when my grandmother was diagnosed with early stages at the age of 85...just after having her first mammogram.

How she went that long without having one, I have no idea.

So this year, my friend Abbey and I will be heading out in the wee hours of the morning on October 14 to do our part. I won't be running this year as my knees are in such bad shape right now I can barely get out of bed. But we're going to walk with the thousands of others to help raise money to find a cure and in honor of my grandmother, a tough old broad who won't let a little thing like cancer get her down.

On that note, I'm going to do something out of character and ask for help. If you can, please consider donating through my donation site here. Every little bit helps, so even if it's just $5, I will greatly appreciate it. My goal may seem small but I got a late start on the fundraising. Also the prospect of baking 30 dozen cookies (like last year) when I have even less spare time this year made my head spin.

Thank again in advance and we return you to your usual drivel and inane ramblings.

No comments: