Wednesday, October 03, 2007

This is the thanks I get?

"I don't know about you, but one more throwing of attitude tonight and I may lose it."

Co-director and I were having a rough time keeping our group at school #2 focused. With only three more practices until the first competition there was a lot of work to be done. A lot. And now we were forced to go back and review...again.

I was not happy.

The kids were unfocused. They were talking too much. And worse, oh much worse in my eyes they were acting like snot nosed little brats. I was not amused. And neither was Co-director.

At one point he turned to me and said, "I've had it. Time to get them back on track."

And they all did push-ups.

The last 45 minutes of practice were very different from the first. They listened. They were quiet in between movements. They didn't talk about. Small miracle considering the ages.

What frustrates me the most, what sends my blood pressure soaring is the total lack of respect. The absolute disregard for people who are trying to make them better. Oh, it's not just the kids at school #2 who do it either. The kids at school #1 are the same way. And yeah, teenagers are by nature moody hormonal pains in the butt but lately either I'm being too sensitive (could be, TOM is due any day now), or they are just pushing buttons.

Probably a good combination of both.

One month and one week until the end of outdoor season...not that I'm counting. If I survive that long.

No comments: