Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lost then found

Back in the summer, the gym was my second home. I was in a good routine of work-gym-home-repeat (with the part time thrown in there every now and then). Notice use of the word, was in that last sentence? Yeah. Me too.

Beteen obligations with both bands, work and trying to have a social life, my gym time has been reduced to zero. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

Not good for the waistline.

So today I dug out my bag, threw my gym clothes in the washing machine and made plans to get back tuit suite. With my pulling out of hockey this season due to my aching knees, I can't run like I used to. Not without being in some major pain the next day. The eliptical however, ah, that is my friend. Same motion and feeling, just a little easier on the knees.

Besides, I can't make a trip to the midwest in a few months not looking my best...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Same motion and feeling, just a little easier on the knees."

Good thing that isn't the only line I read...I would have thought you were writing about something else entirely!