Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Toxic Hell plus Effing Red Sox equals something good...

O.k., o.k., o.k. anyone who has read this blog knows that 1) I am a diehard Orioles fan who hates both the Red Sox and Yankees and 2) has no love for fast food.

No really, I don't have any love for fast food. And it doesn't love me...anymore. A few years ago Former Room mate and I went through L.A. Weightloss, where in we reduced our carbs, ate more veggies and cut out all fast food. And we looked fabulous because of it. Ever since then though, my fast food consumption has dwindled down to nothing. Don't get me wrong, if I'm in a hurry in between job and band practice or job and a meeting, I'll grab a snack wrap at the golden arches or pick up a salad at my namesake. Trust me, I'm far from a saint when it comes to my food choices (one look at my hips and butt will tell you that).

But today, both of the things I hate are coming up with something good.

For those of you unaware, Taco Bell advertised a promotion that if someone stole a base during the World Series (didn't matter which team), they would pass out free tacos for a designated time. Well, thanks to Jacoby Ellsbury of the Red Sux, those of you who enjoy the fare of The Bell can nosh for free today. OR , and this is where I wholeheartedly support this deal, you can visit www.donateyourtaco.com and Taco Bell will donate the price of your unclaimed taco to fire relief efforts in California (through the Red Cross).

So for those of you who don't do tacos, can't leave your desk or would rather eat pureed dog food before letting anything from Toxic Hell cross your lips, click over and donate.

No comments: