Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Oh Canada...

"What are you doing?"

I leaned over and noticed co-worker Dave had started a list on his packet.

"Making a list of all the good things about Canada."

"Oh, well, that will be appropriate when we move there for the health care."

He chuckled under his breath.

"At this rate, that move should take place in the next month or two."

We gave each other a knowing look and pretended to listen as the corporate hack from Colorado expounded on the pluses of the new health plan recently picked for us. What she didn't mention was that our new dental was based out of Colorado (and this helps those of us in Pennsylvania how?) with few options here and our deductibles in the new medical section were going up. Big time.

All of the sudden a third job seems necessary.

By the time we left the hour long meeting, my head was spinning, I was wondering if my parents could falsify documents for me to make me appear to be college age again and wondering how in the heck I would afford the chunk that would be coming out of my paycheck to keep me healthy.

Of course, I also came up with some pretty darn good reasons why I would want to move north of the border. Another Molson, eh?

No comments: