Saturday, December 15, 2007

Oh the weather outside is frightful

We're in a winter weather advisory here in Pennsyltucky today. Depending on which weatherman you want to believe we're going to have snow. Or rain. Or sleet. Or a combination of all three. So far the precipitation hasn't started yet, but it's gotten a lot cloudier since I was up and functioning at 6 a.m.

Yes, that's right, I was up and functioning or at least on autopilot, at 6 a.m. this morning. Because of the impending bad weather School #2 decided to close all of their buildings at 12 p.m. to any function. That put the kibosh on our attempt to have an extended indoor practice so we downshifted with the news and moved it to 8 to 11:30. Which meant I had to be on the road by 6:30. Which meant at the latest I had to be away at 6 a.m. On a Saturday.

The things I do for those kids.

Practice went well, we got some more accomplished with our show and started trying to string what has been learned together. It's frustrating though because we don't have the space we need due to the stupid construction being behind schedule. Grrrr. The finish date keeps getting pushed back...which keeps pushing us back. Not much we can do but roll with it I guess.

Originally I was going to go see my all time favorite Christmas movie ever, "White Christmas" at the Capitol (our local oldstyle movie theater). It's a longstanding christmas tradition, or at least it was, that our family would take a Saturday and go spend two hours with Danny Kaye, Bing Crosby, Vera Ellen and Rosemary Clooney. Sigh. Such a wonderful movie. Considering the weather though, I think I may stay in tonight and do some more baking. Right now I've got an apple pie in the oven and another lined up (only have one rack in my oh so "quaint" oven). I've got all the ingrediants for cookies too.

Oh, and my own copy of "White Christmas". Here's a clip of one of my favorite parts of the movie. My sister and I used to run around the house singing this song when we were younger...

No comments: