Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside

Finally, finally, finally it feels like winter here in Pennsyltucky. Today is only the second time this season we've seen any of the white stuff. I don't know if
it's a function of celebrating my birthday in November or just that I'm cold blooded, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cold weather.

When I was a kid, I was always the first one out the door with the sled (it rocked living at the top of the hill on my street) ready to fly down the hills of the neighborhood. There weren't many kids in my neighborhood at that time (mostly older people when I was growing up) so the few of us that were around always hit the hills together. It didn't matter who was in the cool group and who wasn't. We all liked to sled, toboggin, whatever. We raced down the hills and back up. We had snowball fights. We worked together to make ramps.


As I was running around the office today I happened to look up and noticed it had starting snowing. I was one of the few people excited about that fact. Sure, now instead of sledding I need to shovel my sidewalk (which I'll be doing shortly). And clean off my car.

And I'd much rather be out back making snow angels.

No comments: