Monday, April 21, 2008

Ladies and gentlemen, this is NOT a disappearing act

Now you see her, now you don't.

No, I'm not trying to do my Harry Houdini impression by disappearing then popping back in unexpectedly every now and then. Heck, I'm not even trying to imitate Penn and Teller.

Life has been, to put it mildly, moving at break neck speed the last couple of weeks. Danica Patrick has nothing on me right now. Work is crazy with new (hopefully) temporary responsibilities until the new girl starts at one of the other newspapers. The added work would not have been so bad if I had been prepared for it but my boss like's to go by the "throw them into the pool and see if they sink or swim" school of thought. Let's just say I have been barely able to keep my head above water.

The play went wonderfully. Who knew that after 14 years of being off stage I would finally get back into performing again? The cast I worked with was a hoot. We spent most of our rehearsals laughing so hard we forgot where we were and had to start all over again. I'm hoping that I'll be able to do something similar again. It was a wonderful experience.

And then of course there's PNS. You won't find me talking about him too much on the blog other than in passing. It's not that things between us aren't going well, in fact, despite my past experience that saying such a thing out loud jinxes the whole situation, this has to be the most functional relationship I've been in. No, the reason you won't see much mention about him on here is due to the fact that I blurted out that I had this blog. Normally, I wouldn't even mention it but we are SO honest with each other it's ridiculous. I mean, it's to the point where I can announce I have to go to the bathroom to him and he doesn't even flinch. Now that's something. We have also been spending a lot of time together, mostly at his place so I haven't been online quite as much. That and Room mate #1 loaned out his computer to his sister while he's in Europe (must be nice, huh?).

But I digress.

The future of this blog is much on my mind. I still want to keep it, I think. This is my place of release. My venting point. And everyone needs that. But in the mean time I may be posting more sporadically than I had been.

And not because I'm locked in a trunk under the ocean.

No comments: