Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Wow

We were sitting on the couch, enjoying a movie and each other when the serious conversation started.

"You know, I'm fiercely independent"

He kissed me and moved his hand across my cheek. "I know sweetie, and you need to know, I have a lot on my plate too."

"Yeah, well, we're both busy people."

"I guess so..."

He kissed me again. I could spend all day being kissed like that. Soft, slow, make your knees buckle kisses. The kind that stay with you all day.

Damn him for knowing my weakness.

I took his face in my hands and looked at him for a minute, trying to collect what I wanted to say, just to make sure I drove the point home enough. That I was able to get my meaning across.

"But you make time for the things you want to. And I'm willing to do that. I want to see where this goes. I like where this is going. But I need to know -"

He cut me off with another kiss.

"Yes, I want to make sure there is time for you too. I'll make time for you...you can count on it."

And you know what, I believe him. We've spent the last three out of four nights together, just enjoying each other's company, taking what we've got each day as it comes. The crazy thing is, I think this one just might work. And that scares the bejeebers out of me.

No comments: