Monday, May 19, 2008

And then I knew everything would be just fine

"How tall are you?"

Aunt Diane threw the question at me while we were standing in the kitchen. Will was standing next to me, just kind of taking everything in. I should have known she was up to something by the look on her face.

"What?"

"How. Tall. Are. You? What, are you going deaf in your old age?"

"Ha, ha. That's funny considering you're 10 years older."

"So..."

"Oh jeez, you're not going to rest until I answer are you? I'm 4'11". There, are you happy?"

She started to laugh and I knew the first dig of the night was coming.

"Well I just wanted to make sure you were over 4'9"...last night we were watching something on the news about how you need a booster seat if you're 4'9" and under...and...well..."

She was laughing so hard at this point she was almost crying.

Will chose that opportunity to chime in. "Whew! Now I don't have to go out and buy one for my car!"

He got the evil eye. Aunt Diane got a pinch on the arm.

No comments: