Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back at it

Fall is my favorite time of the year. The leaves have started turning, just slightly adding yellow in with the green. In a few weeks the hills around here will be all kinds of brilliant reds and oranges along with the yellows. The weather has started turning cooler too, which means the air conditioners are off and the windows are open...bring on the p.j. pants.

This time of the year is also when I like to get in touch with my inner Martha Stewart. Cookies, pies, cakes I'm willing to try anything. There are ripped out pages from Better Homes and Gardens sitting on my counter just screaming for attention.

Only problem, there's no time. Ugh. Between work, band and other things taking up my time, like, oh, I don't know, SLEEP, my poor mixing bowls have had an extended vacation. And they still haven't sent me a postcard. Ingrates!

This week I'm hoping to change all that because I'm realizing, after having some time off today to do a few neglected chores around the house, that I miss doing what I love.

No comments: