Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stuffiness

I had no idea I snored as much as I did until Will's complaints started becoming more frequent in the last couple of weeks. Apparently my ability to rattle the windows and sleep with my mouth wide open isn't exactly appealing. Especially at 3 a.m.

Before we met I knew I did it every now and then, especially during allergy season. Heck, there were times when I would wake myself up. Yep. I said it, I would rattle my sinus cavities so much I would wake myself up. But since no one was there before to hear it, I didn't think too much of it.

So now I'm searching for ways to make myself stop. At the moment I do have quite a bit of stuffiness left over from the unpleasant cold I had right before the holidays, so for now I'm taking Thera-Flu like it's my job and stocking up on the Day-Quil. Once I'm over that though...I have no idea. Will seems to think it's because I sleep on so many pillows (what, four is too many?) my breathing is effected. He may have a point, but I'm stubborn and refuse to admit he is right.

Apparently my stubbornness has shown up on other occassions too. Most recently over conversation at dinner last night. We braved the cold (it's been no warmer than 30 around here the last few days) last night for some chinese and while we were waiting for the main dishes, just after the egg rolls were placed in front of us, he started the wedding discussion. It's really quite cute, the way he brings this stuff up. What would we want to eat? Where would you want to have the party? At the rate we're going, the whole thing will be planned before the ring goes on my finger...which may not be a bad thing. But I digress. One of the points I'm being stubborn about revolves around my father. My other half is insisting on traditional style nuptials, and while I'm inclined to follow some of them, the ones revolving around fathers and daughters are hard for me. I don't want to have him walk me down the aisle and I don't want to dance with him. Will understands my bitterness toward my dad, but he thinks I should at least follow one of the traditions. I don't know. He IS my dad but there is just so much space between us now, I don't know if I feel the same about him.

But that's wayyyyyyy down the road and one bridge we'll just wait to cross when we come to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try these:

http://www.breatheright.com

Unknown said...

Oooo...I completely forgot about those things. Thanks!