Monday, April 13, 2009

Hello, My Name Is...

This weekend Will and I are heading north for wedding #1 of 4 for this year (we're in a three event sweep after a break in May). It's one of his college friends who I have not yet met that will be walking down the aisle. I'm excited. And nervous.

I'm happy to get out of Dodge for a few days.

It's very much needed since I realized after looking at the calendar that I do not have any scheduled days off until August. Oh. My. God. That many months without some extended break may just about kick my butt. Weekend trips though, well, they are just distracting enough to make me happy. And of course the extended time I get to spend with Will is the best part.

But I'm a little nervous about the whole thing. I'm meeting some of his college friends for the first time and that makes me...shy. If you can believe that. I'm sure everything will go just fine but you know how girls are. I had hoped to drop some tonnage by this point and be in a new pretty spring dress. But alas, that has not happened due to many reasons, but the primary one being my laziness.

This week is about working on the nerves and hoping I don't embarass my boyfriend too much on Saturday.

No comments: