Friday, September 17, 2010

Um, excuse me, which end is up?

You would think that with all the happiness and excitement of the engagement I'd be a blogging fool the last four weeks. I mean there's so much to be excited about! Dresses! Flowers! DJ! Cake! And if I was your average ordinary girl who's been dreaming about her wedding day since the age of 5 then yeah, the excitement around here would be so high this apartment wold be practically vibrating with it.

But I'm not one of those girls.

Honestly, I never in a million years expected that I would get married. Heck, I was just hoping to find someone who could tolerate my invasion of the middle of the bed and penchant for buying magazines I didn't really need. So this whole marriage thing, it's a little overwhelming. O.k., it's A LOT overwhelming. I'm excited to spend the rest of my life with my best friend, because that's what Will is, my best friend. He fills my heart so much I can't even describe it. And the prospect of waking up every morning next to Will makes me happier than a frog in a pond.

This whole planning thing is what has me majorly stressed. There is so much to think about and so much to pay for. Sigh. We're still looking for a place to have the ceremony/reception (we're not going the traditional route of church and reception place). Heck, we're still trying to figure out WHEN we want to have this thing. I'm getting frustrated already and we're only a month in to this. I know everything will fall together eventually but jeez, this is the part no one tells you about and now I know why.

Vegas is looking really good right now.

No comments: