Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Scattered

I've been trying to put together a blog post for the last month and a half and just can't seem to pull all of the parts of my brain together to do it. With all of the wedding and non-wedding stuff going on there are bits of my brain oozing out all over the place. A little bit at work. A little bit at the veterinarian's (which we've been to about four times in the last month). A little bit along the side of the road.

So when I say I'm losing my mind, I'm literally losing my mind.

Literally.

Prime example, my house keys. At the end of January when we had a major crazy snow storm I had a small accident on the way home from work. My managers had held us until 7 p.m. (we normally get off at 8 p.m.), finally deciding at the height of the storm that we should head home. It only took the constant nagging of all of us still there and the snow emergency warnings for the area to get them to let us out early. It was so bad, I could barely see the road that I travel every day. It took me 30 minutes to go 3 miles. As I was heading home the car in front of me slammed on their breaks, I pushed down on mine, fishtailed and lost control of the car. I managed not to hit another car, instead hitting the center guardrail and put a huge hole in the front fender of the Saturn. After that, I called it a night and grabbed a hotel room. Not that we had the money to spend on such a thing, but hey, I wasn't going to risk my life to go the rest of the way. But I digress.

In the course of getting my car repaired (thank you Progressive Insurance for your speedy repair service) I separated my house keys from my car keys. Fast forward to today, the keys still are not back together and I realize as I'm leaving from work that the house keys are still hanging on the hook at home. Great. My only hope was that Will hadn't left for symphony practice (he recently started playing with the Main Line Symphony Orchestra), or else it was going to be a long night in my car with not a Starbucks in sight. And that's a travesty all on it's own.

So as you can see from this post, I'm all over the place lately. Wedding preparations take up most of my brain space (flowers, cake and centerpieces are the main topics of conversation right now). Then there are the cats and their trips to the vet. Katie's finishing up being treated for a bacterial infection in one of her ears, which has been downright horrible for all of us. And we just found out Chumley has a thyroid issue that we'll need to give him medication for, for the rest of his life. Sigh. I'm glad we figured out what was wrong and it's something that is treatable but I don't even want to think about how we're going to have to give him a pill everyday for the next 5 or 10 (God willing) years.

I'm already thinking ahead 7 months to the week after the wedding when I won't have to go to work or think about anything wedding related, and if I want to have a margarita during the day I can.

No comments: