Saturday, January 15, 2011

Today was my niece Rylee's fourth birthday.

I can't believe that four years ago I was writing this post about her coming in to the world. She was such a little peanut. Less than 6lbs and so tiny in my arms. Now, well now she's a skinny little four year old with an attitude (like her mother) who talks non-stop about going to see Mickey on his boat in a few weeks and lives, eats and breathes princesses. At her birthday party today she reminded me that she gets to wear a pretty dress for my wedding (she's our flower girl). A princess dress.



Speaking of the wedding, we're 9 months to the day away from the festivities. I had a mini panic attack over that fact the other day when I was putting dates on the calendar for the year. Most of the panic centered around the fact that I a) still haven't gone dress shopping, b) still haven't sent out save the dates and c) still have no idea how we're going to pay for all of this, even with the help of our parents. There is so much more that is important and taking center stage going on right now, that the wedding had kind of slipped to the back of my head and now, holy crap, we've got 9 months to get our shit together.

Unless of course we win the Powerball.

I'm also thinking I need a hobby. Sure I like to read but I want something to do that will keep my hands out of the crackers and keep me preoccupied when I'm home alone with the cats. Because heaven only knows they're not great conversationalists. I'm still thinking about getting a sewing machine and setting myself up in the "dining room" area we have. I don't know. I just can't justify a purchase like that when we've got wedding stuff to pay for. Maybe after October, when my entire world won't revolve around dresses, flowers and cake.

No comments: