Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Recovery

Yes, I'm still alive.

No I haven't suddenly packed up and moved to Ireland to live out the rest of my life in a remodeled castle pretending to be a princess. Ahem.

In reality, I've been confined to my bed and or couch since Monday as I'm recovering from having my gall bladder removed. Monday morning the troublesome non-essential organ was taken from my body in a two hour outpatient procedure. I spent another two hours in recovery where I discovered I have undiagnosed sleep apnea (apparently I was snoring while I was still under the anesthesia) and I need to lose weight. Tell me something I didn't know. Also, according to my husband I was adamant about buying a new pair of sneakers.

People say the darnedest things when they're in an altered state of mind.

I'm still a little sore and not really eating a whole lot, but I feel a ton better since the gall bladder has come out. The percocet I'm sure have a lot to do with that, too. Sweet mercy I do love those percocet.

Today I get to remove the bandages and finally take a shower. It's almost like Christmas around here simply because I can take a shower later tonight. Heck, maybe the cats will even come near me again after that.


No comments: