Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summa summa summertime

How in the name of Francis did it suddenly become June? And not just " oh look, it's June 3rd!" But more like "Holy crap, it's June 29th" June. Sweet mercy this year is going too fast.

We've been busy with work and more fun things like New Kids On The Block/Boys II Men/98* concerts, D.C. United game with my partner in crime and trips to the farm. There was a baby shower and bridal shower or two in there too. And now that I think about it, we've hardly been home an entire weekend since April. No wonder I'm enjoying my night n the couch in my pj's.

Oh, and someone, WILL, turned 30 almost two weeks ago. We had a quiet little party that included drinks with friends and him getting his picture taken with Brooke Hogan. Happy birthday, baby! I got you a washed up reality tv star!

There has been movement on the house front too. I don't want to get too much in to it because I'm superstitious like that, but we've gotten past the inspection and we're still on the right track and if everything keeps going the way it is, we will be moving in August. I'm both excited and terrified at the same time. Thank goodness for vodka! Of course, we scheduled our settlement date for the day before we head out for vacation. Because, packing for a week away at the beach isn't enough right before we leave.

Work has been...crazy. I don't want to talk much about it in here, but the last couple of weeks have been so stressful that I've had stomach issues because of it. I'll be glad when my one boss starts her new position and stops giving me projects that I have no time to do. That's about 90% of the issue. This last week was so bad I came home and either cried or drank. And some nights I did both. 

Unfortunately, I've been neglecting my gym time, which is no bueno. That needs to change and right quick.

Otherwise, life is moving along. We're spending the 4th with some of Will's friends that live in the city (Philly) and are hosting a rooftop party. I have the feeling it will be a great time since we always have a good time with this crowd. I'll be traveling back to York in 2 weeks for some family time and the annual O's game with Abby. Have to add another floppy hat to the collection. It's not summer without a new floppy hat!

Oh, and in case anyone is still reading this, I'm now on Instagram as, you guessed it, agategoddess. 

No comments: