Sunday, March 07, 2004

Better late than never. Here's my Friday Five:

What was...

1. ...your first grade teacher's name? Mrs. Flurry. Hand to god the woman had a baby after I had her and named her Snow.

2. ...your favorite Saturday morning cartoon? Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show. Oh, and the School House Rock's (the original). I'm only a bill...

3. ...the name of your very first best friend? Summer Ziegler. We still keep in touch every now and then.

4. ...your favorite breakfast cereal? Special K. I wasn't allowed sugary cereals when I was growing up. I made up for it college. Hellloooo Captain Crunch.

5. ...your favorite thing to do after school? Watch Santa Barbara. Anything to keep me from doing my homework. Once a procrastinator, always a procrastinator.

*****

I am soooo tired right now. Between the move, working and working some more I am ready to fall over. Today I gave away my Tuesday lunch at the Lobster. I was only sceduled to have off Wednesday but I need to get unpacked. Right now I'm 75% at the house. It's no picnic living in two places at once. Yesterday after we got my stuff moved I went back to the apartment to take a shower before work. As I was getting dressed I realized my work shoes and socks were at the house. I only had 10 minutes to get back to the house, get my shoes and socks then get to to work on time. Luckily I made it with only a few minutes to spare. Go me! Tomorrow I intend on getting up early, giving blood and going back to the apartment to get some more of my stuff. I really don't have too much left. Just my kitchen stuff and my book shelf.

Thursday night after job #1 Lyzz and I went out for a beer or two. Lol. There's always an adventure when we go out. Never a dull moment to say the least. I was propositioned by one of the drunks at the bar to go back to his place (conveniently only a few blocks away) for some of the best sex ever. Um, as appealing as that sounded I turned him down. That guy was lucky he could still stand up by the time I crossed his path. Guess the short skirt (dug out my Old Navy mini in honor of the warm weather) still has some magic left in it.

The job at Red Lobster is going well. I'm starting to get more comfortable serving my tables. I don't get sick to my stomach just thinking about it anymore, so that's a good thing. Each shift gets a little more easy. I like the lunches. Friday dinner was a disaster. I was seated with three tables and just about left the restaurant in tears by the end of the night. Anything that could have gone wrong did. It must have been showing on my face because several of the other servers stopped me to offer help. One girl gave me a big hug and told me it would be o.k., then she sat with me later and showed me a few things that have really helped. She'll be getting some chocolate chip cookies as soon as I find my baking stuff at the house. On the upside, the job at Red Lobster has been the best diet I have ever been on! With all of the running back and forth and no time to eat, I've dropped about four pounds in the last week. Lol, if only I had known sooner.

On that note, just in case you were wondering, if I were a Poptart I would be...

You are a blueberry popptart!
You are often over looked for glory,and are not
often in the spot light. But the people who do
love you are very devoted to you! So cheer up
your fan club may not be the biggest but it's
the loyalest!


What Kind of Poptart are You?
brought to you by Quizilla




No comments: