Sunday, March 14, 2004

God damn turtles. Freaking Maryland had to go and ruin a perfectly good season for Duke by winning the ACC Tournament today. Bastards. Oh sure, the Dukies had their chance. Too bad they blew a 12 point lead in the second half. Very frustrating for fans. I think my blood pressure went up a few points while I was watching. Doesn't help that I've received two phone calls from my so called friends to harass me about the loss. Blah, blah, blah. We'll see who goes farther in the real tournament. Oh yeah, I'm talking NCAA baby.

This weekend just flew by in a blur. Friday I worked 12-1/2 hours at the Lobster. I was supposed to work a split shift (morning, a break, then the dinner shift) but just chose to stay on the clock between shifts. I figured why not, it was a chance to earn a little extra money. Which I needed, badly. Boy did I ever pay for it Saturday though. I was super duper tired. Getting up at 6 a.m. didn't help much either. Sigh. I thought my days of working my tail end off for no reason at all were over. Was I wrong or what? Today I was at work a grand total of 1 hour (give or take an extra half hour) before I was cut from my shift. We weren't that busy and my manager decided only two food runners needed to be on. Since I was there early I got let go first. I was a little upset at first but it actually worked out for the best and I got into job #1 earlier than I had originally planned. This allowed me to get my obit story finished and work on something else to boot. There's an upside to everything.

The coming week promises to be a busy one. By luck of my scheduling at the Lobster, I will be able to properly enjoy St. Patrick's day and go see the Violent Femmes Thursday night. Sweet. Even better, I have off all next weekend. Originally I took off Saturday and Sunday because I thought my hockey team's playoffs would be both days. However, since we ended up in last place (no wins, major bummer) we don't have to play until Sunday. So I'm going to use Saturday as a mental health day. Get a few things done around the house. Maybe finally get around to unpacking everything in the kitchen. I can't wait.

Last but not least, here are my Friday Five. Bob should be bringing his computer to the house this week so my posting will get a little more frequent and my Friday Five's might actually get posted on Friday's again. Shocking, huh?

1. What was the last song you heard? Outkast's "Hey Ya!" Still have it stuck in my head too.

2. What were the last two movies you saw? Hmmm...Phone Booth at home yesterday and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King at the movie theater a month or so ago.

3. What were the last three things you purchased? Lunch today, gas for my car and a Shamrock Shake.

4. What four things do you need to do this weekend? Unpack the kitchen, do laundry, move the last of my stuff out of the apartment, work.

5. Who are the last five people you talked to? Michelle, Scott B., Tom J., Lyzz and H. Not necessarily in that order.




No comments: