Wednesday, March 24, 2004

So much for the sleeping with my door shut policy. Because the house is so old I don't have any locks on my door. This morning Bob opened my door at 2 a.m. to let the dog in. Sigh. At least I tried.

Miracle of all miracles, I did manage to get up and out the door for a run this morning by 8:30. I forgot just how good it feels to get my run in early in the morning. Tomorrow I plan on doing more of the same. The new neighborhood is full of large old houses. Plenty of good scenery for me while I'm running. The 30 minutes or so I'm on the road also give me time to clear my head. Reaffirm good decisions and rethink bad ones. Helps to get me ready for the day.

Right now we're doing the draft for a fantasy baseball league I'm in. I don't know why I do these things year in and year out. My competitive side usually gets the best of me and I end up telling people to screw off. Some of the guys I play with know how to push my buttons too. Damn button pushers. Of course, like an idiot I fall into the trap because I'm too much of a people pleaser. Once and for all I need to learn to put myself and my needs on top too. Or something like that. I don't know.

Better pay attention to what's going on. Don't want to miss my turn.


No comments: