Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Today I slept in until 1 p.m. Funny how easy it is to revert back to college mode when you don't have to be at work by 8 a.m. Wasn't like I was up late last night either. I got cut from work at the Lobster by 8:30, ate dinner, watched the NCAA Tournament final (blah, poop on UConn) and finished my night by watching The Princess Bride on We. Never get tired of that movie.
I could have rolled myself out of bed at 9 a.m. but when my alarm went off I just rolled over, turned it off and thoght, "what the hell, I don't have anything to get up for today". So I went back to sleep. Sure, I could have gotten up and gotten some obit story stuff finished but I can do that tomorrow too. At least I still got my run in. Tomorrow I think I'm going to try a different route. The one I take now is starting to get boring.

Just when you thought politics couldn't get any odder (from MSNBC.com)

Cross-dressing photos don’t stop candidate

Texas House hopeful says family ‘dealt with’ issueThe Associated Press
Updated: 7:06 p.m. ET April 06, 2004

FORT WORTH Texas - A candidate for the Texas House rejected calls to withdraw from the race after photos of him in women’s clothing began circulating.


Sam Walls, 64, said he will not give in to “blackmail” from opponents who are trying to use “very old, personal information” to force him out of the race.

“Now my opponent is using the private information in an attempt to intimate that I am a homosexual, which I am not,” Walls said in a statement Monday.

Walls, a Republican, is competing in an April 13 primary runoff against real estate broker Rob Orr.

Orr political consultant Lee Woods denied involvement. He said Orr’s campaign staff learned of the photos and alerted Republican leaders.

As a leading businessman and former party chairman, Walls once seemed the favorite to win. But GOP leaders urged him to withdraw when the pictures surfaced last week in two communities near Fort Worth.

The photos were apparently obtained by a company that repossessed a mobile home registered to Walls, according to court records.

He said his family had “dealt with” the issue, and he apologized to supporters for any embarrassment caused by “a small part of my personal past.”


You've got to love the mind of the American politician.

No comments: