Friday, May 14, 2004

News of the weird and dare I say rediculous (found on WGAL's site. We ran the story too.):

Woman Lives Without Portion Of Skull For Months
POSTED: 9:58 a.m. EDT May 11, 2004

MIDVALE, Utah -- A Utah woman says an insurance snag left her without a portion of her skull for months.

Briana Lane went almost four months with nearly half of her skull sitting in a hospital freezer following surgery to save her life after a car accident.

The hospital didn't initially consider the second surgery an emergency, and paperwork between it and Medicaid got held up.

Lane said the months she spent living at home without a portion of her skull were excruciating. Her skull finally was replaced on April 30.

Lane said she had contacted a television station, and all of a sudden, she was in line for the surgery.


Sad, huh? This story interested me because I just got my bill from my hospital visit in March. A little over $2,000. God. I don't know where I'm going to come up with the money for it. Not having insurance right now really sucks. Yet another reason why I need a full time job of some kind. Somwhere.

Lastly here's a little quiz to send you into the weekend...

Parsley
You are Parsley! Parsley (Petroselinum crispum)
aids in digestion and was said in the olden
days to take away the bitterness both in food
and in love.


What Scarborough Fair Herb Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla


No comments: