Monday, July 26, 2004

This morning I had a very rude awakening financially. Since I quit the evil job  in January I knew money was going to be tight but lately I've been having a lot more problems than usual paying my bills. Today before I went for my run I found out I'm way more behind on my car payments than I thought. Sob. During my run I tried to block out the thought that I'll have to get rid of my baby but right now it seems the only logical choice. Even worse, the thought of moving back in with my parents seriously crossed my mind as I wouldn't have to pay nearly as much in rent to them as the room mate is charging me. Then I snapped back into reality and nixed that idea. For now at least.

This coming week is crucial. No unnecessary spending (I opted out of the movies with the room mate and Marti today) and some major butt kicking at the Lobster this weekend will be in order. God I hope we're busy. It's the only thing I've got right now. The new job doesn't start until Aug. 9 and I have my fingers crossed that they'll pay me after the first week. I'm already thanking my lucky stars that my benefits start up right away instead of the 90 days I thought I would have to wait.

Sigh. What the hell is wrong with me?! Somewhere along the way any sense of controlling my money and dealing with it on a timely basis left my brain. No matter how hard I try I just can't make it work. If things don't look up soon come look for me under the 83 bridge over Market St., o.k.?

 

No comments: