Tuesday, August 24, 2004

All right, so I made it back in one piece from the hole in the wall that is Hubert, NC.

Barely.

I was going to put some picture up on top using my wonderful skills with Hello but for somereason I haven't been able to get jpeg's to download right. So until I figure out what's going on, this will have to do.

Now back to the weekend. What can I say about this past weekend? Welllll, first of all I ended up not driving since I'm 1) so broke I can't even aford a drop of gasoline and 2) the concept of not driving sounded good to me at 6 a.m. after about 5 hours of sleep total from the previous two nights. So I rode with my sister. Which wasn't too bad. Until we got into NC and she decided she knew way more than me about navigation just because she's been there a few times. We had a bit of a pinching battle somewhere around Kinston that lasted for a good 30 minutes. Eventually we all arrived at her new abode, unpacked the UHaul in record time and then proceeded to sit around and stare at each other since she didn't have a TV yet. Can you feel the excitement here folks?

The real drama started Sunday when my father, true to his ongoing mid-life crisis fashion, decided something that was going on at work was more important and he had to return home to Pennsylvania that night. By bus. My mom went ballistic. If you're not familiar with the background on this ongoing saga I suggest hitting my archives somewhere around the beginning. But long story short for those of you too lazy to look it up, my parents have been in this weird seperated but not really seperated state for the last four years. My dad has moved out...and back in, and then back about again about three times. But anyway, he went home anyway after much yelling and door slamming and uttering of the same sentiments over and over again. I was more upset for my sister than anything else. As far as I was concerned he could leave. Which he did. Like always.

So then yesterday my mom, sister, grandmother and I spent the day getting last minute things for the house and touring Camp LeJeune. Lots of good eye candy. Whoo boy...I need a moment...o.k., I'm over it. We went out for something to eat then went back to the house to hang out before bed. I finally fell asleep somewhere around 2 a.m. this morning. Which was not good considering I had an 8 hour trip with my mother and grandmother ahead of me. I should have slept more.

The ride home was the roughest part. God knows I love my mother but my god, the woman can not drive on highways! Jeez. Not only did we get lost about three times (despite my arguing with her about the correct way to go) but she freaks out on multi-lane highways. So the protion of the trip we were on I-95 for was the most tortuous two hours of my life! It may be sometime before I'm ready to get back in the car with any member of my family.

Now I'm back. I need to get unpacked, but I'm doing what I do best, procrastinating. I also need to do some laundry. Yeah, like that's going to happen. I'll probably make another phone call to someone who I know had a bad day today then hit the sack. Tomorrow it's back to the daily grind again. Woo-hoo.

No comments: