Saturday, August 14, 2004

Batten down the hatches! Charley's coming! We're expected to see whatever is left of Hurricane Charley sometime tonight around midnight. If it keeps moving quickly we should be rid of it by late tomorrow night. For Jen's sake I hope it high-tails it out of here in time for Chad's excursion to the football game. God help her if Charley's still hanging around. I should be home from the Lobster by the time the fit starts hitting the shan, hopefully, and entrenched in my bed with a good book. Or movie. Depends on how busy we are tonight. I'm supposed to be having a 5 star day today, we'll see about that.

So the first week at the new job had come to an end. I hate to say this but I think I'm going to like working there. My co-workers are a hoot and I'm learning so much more layout wise. Quark totally kick's Newsmaker's ass. My schedule may be changing too. I'll still have the 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. hours but I may be working Sunday through Thursday instead of the traditional work week. Helllooooo long weekends and random road trips. Now I just need to get my first paycheck and we'll really be in business.

You can all stop worrying, the ring has been found. I emptied out my hockey bag last night and there it was, stuck in the corner of one of the pockets. It is now firmly placed on my hand and will only be removed when needed.

In about an hour from now I'll be at the bridal shower for my friend Kristen. I'm excited and happy for her. Mark is a good guy and she deserves to be happy. I usually loathe going to these things. Everyone sitting around ooohhhing and ahhhhing over trivets. Woo-hoo. Today though, I'm not minding it so much. It will be nice to see some old friends I've lost touch with and be girly for an afternoon.



No comments: