Sunday, August 15, 2004

So Charley was a complete and utter bust for us. While the whole left side of Florida got a major sucker punch we go jack diddly. Who knew? Sure as hell not the weather guys around here who had everyone all up in arms about destruction heading our way. Now the big name is Earl. No boys and girls I'm not talking about the hurricane of the same name that hit in 1998. Tropical Storm Earl is currently barreling it's way across the Carribbean. Because my parents are certifiabley crazy, we're now leaving at 5 a.m. next Saturday to take my darling little sister and her U-Haul full of belongings to Hubert, NC. All because a storm that may or may not become a hurricane, and may or may not move up the Eastern Seaboard, is in the Carribbean. And people wonder why I say I'm the only sane person in my immediate family.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to miss my sis after she's gone. We've gotten a lot closer over the last couple of years and I know I'm going to miss her. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm also a little jealous. She's doing something I've been longing to do for a long time. Leave this town. Head out for a new state. See more of the world. Sure I've traveled and love to travel but, even if it's just for a little bit, I'd love to live away from here. Somewhere. Anywhere.

Work kicked my butt today. *YAWN*. I really should go to bed soon. 6:30 a.m. rolls around awfully early and I'd still like to stay up and read a little bit...


No comments: