Thursday, August 12, 2004


Why yes, I will have that 8th cup of coffee... Posted by Hello

I'm becoming addicted again. Blame it on the weather or blame it on my early mornings again but I have become addicted to coffee. Again.

"What is desire? Coffee, you bitches. Not underwear from Victoria’s Secret. That I got." (unabashadly stolen from Fish).

This morning I started out with a nice $1.09 cup of Sheetz Cupo'ccino (Fat Free French Vanilla, of course). But it wasn't enough to get the motor going by a long shot. So I hit the break room for more caffeine goodness. Only to find the pot with about 1/8th of an inch of coffee in it. So I took it anyway and being the nice person I am, I decided to start a new pot for the next caffeine addict to come along. See, that's where my problem started. I thought I knew how to work the coffee machine (it was similar to one we had when I worked at a deli many moons ago). Put in water, get a new filter, open packet and hit brew button. Easy peasy, right?

Wrong.

Whomever started the machine originally that morning had put in enough water for multiple pots of coffee. Not realizing this, I filled it again and when I turned my back for a fraction of a minute the damn thing started overflowing. Hot water everywhere. Even worse, all over my favorite shoes. I started running around trying to find paper towels to clean up the mess while various co-workers stopped to admire my handiwork, get what they came for out of the vending machines and leave. Only one stayed to help. God bless her IS soul. We finally got my mess cleaned up, the machine squared away and new coffee started after about 45 minutes. By the time I got back to my desk my trainer was starting to think I had left the building.

"Hey Dave, new clerk just walked!" (said the immortal Keith Trout).

No, I didn't walk. I just relayed the story to my trainer and we had a good laugh about it because really, if you can't laugh at yourself, then who can you laugh at.

Tomorrow I need to go wedding shower shopping. Woo-hoo. Nothing like putting it off until the last minute. The shower is Saturday. With the new job and other happenings lately I just haven't had the time. So I'll traipse off to Target in search of the perfect gift. Or some brushed chrome bathroom accessories. At least when I get bombarded with the inevitable "So Agategoddess, seeing anyone?" I can reply with a "Well, I did meet this great guy recently..."


No comments: