Friday, August 27, 2004


The end of another week. Posted by Hello

And yet I'm still surviving. Who knew? Three weeks down already at the new job and let me tell you, I'm loving it. My co-workers are great and the things I'm learning design wise are really going to help me in the future. Just for the record, Quark totally kick's Harris' lame ass anyday.

It's crazy really. With the exception of what is going with my parents everything is going well. I'm happy damn it! Just seems to me like so much good is going on in both the job and personal worlds that it's almost too good to be true. Sad, huh? I can't just take it at face value and run with it. Nope. Instead I just know something's going to happen. The bottom's got to drop out somewhere, right? Maybe not. I want to be optimistic. I want to say that everything is going to stay honkey dory bingo but my brain won't let me. It's that little voice I have that keeps repeating the same old phrases. Not smart enough, not pretty enough, never really going to achieve what you set out to do so why bother. I really wish that voice would shut the hell up.

On some level I'm learning to ignore it. Take risks I normally wouldn't. Do things I normally wouldn't. When it comes down to it, life is meant to be lived. Not watched.

Tonight I'm going out with some of my old friends from the previous job. They don't finish until after the paper has been put to bed, somewhere around 12:30ish or so. Gives me plenty of time to make myself look like a human being again. Maybe even wear a little makeup if the mood strikes me. I do know it will be nice to see them all again. I miss them. A lot.


No comments: