Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Tim Tookey is a god. Or at least a really good hockey coach. Tonight the former Hershey Bear ran our practice. Good lord am I pooped. On the upside though I finally understand the mechanics behind doing backwards crossovers so there's a bonus. I must say tonight was one of our more productive practices. Also made me excited for the season to start. The NFL started its preseason last night, I watched bits and pieces of the game between the Redskins and Broncos but clicked away in the second quarter to watch Pirates of the Carribean for the umpteenth time. Pro football always bores me. Don't get me wrong, I love football, in fact there's nothing better than spending a Saturday afternoon at a Penn State game or even just watching one on TV. I just can't get into the pro side of things. Chalk it up to one of the many odd things about me.

We found out today my brother-in-law ( I still have issues with that phrase by the way) has had his deployment extended. By another 20-30 days. Sigh. My sister was beside herself. It hurts me when she's hurting like this too and I hate to say it, but, I told her this might happen. It's one of the perils of marrying someone in the military. So now we're still going to mover her to North Carolina anyway in two weeks and she's going to hunt for a job until he comes home. God, my phone bill's probably going to be sky high.

The new job is going very well. I like learning new things, anything that is a challenge and keeps me on my toes is a good thing. I also like the fact that I get my first paycheck in two weeks. Ugh. My bank account is hurting. About 75% of it is already accounted for. The rest will probably get eaten up with other bills too (my car is in desperate need of an oil change). I also need to find a jewlery store around here that sells claddagh rings. Somewhere along the way I lost mine tonight. Big sigh. I loved that ring. This is going to sound stupid but I always thought that if I wore it, someday the right guy would come along and I could turn it around for a substantial period of time. More than seven months. It was kind of a good luck thing. I don't need anything fancy. That's not who I am. Something like this would be just fine.

One last thing, I've met a very interesting person. He's nice, funny, intelligent, incredibly sweet and dare I say pretty darn cute. I don't want to say too much more for fear of jinxing anything else but I'd like to think things will move forward. I don't know. For now I'm trying not to go all girly and overthink. Just follow my instincts. Take things as they come.

Yawn....God, just realized the time. Better get some sleep. 6:30 a.m. comes awfully early.











No comments: