Thursday, January 13, 2005

He told me Tuesday night he's leaving. As in leaving the area, state even. Moving 18 hours away, back to Florida.

Emotions were a bit jumbled at the news. First happy, for him that he was finally getting his shit together and going back to school (at the expense of his parents, hence the return to Florida). The deal his parents gave him is really, one he can't possibley give up. Then a little on the melencholy. Despite what happened between the two of us, or maybe because of what happened, during those three months at the end of 2004 we've become closer friends. Not necessarily confidants, just good friends.

Last night as I was laying down on my pillow the sadness hit. I really wasn't in love with him, but I'll miss him. He's a generally good guy, who, well, just needs a little direction. Then, as I usually do when it's quiet and my brain has time to be loud in my head, I started thinking about the goings on of the last few months and where I am now.

He has become another that I just need to let go. And I'm o.k. with that. We both need to move our lives forward. Maybe we'll cross paths again. Maybe not. But I know I'll always remember that for three months at least, I was made to feel like I was desireable and beautiful.

No comments: