Friday, February 18, 2005

Stupid day

Ever have one of those days where you're just completely stupid either due to lack of sleep, hangover or both?

Today is my stupid day.

Last night at the part time was rough. We were crazy busy for a bit at the beginning of the evening and as a favor, I picked up an extra table with the caveat that the hostesses hold one of my own. The girls who work at the hostess stand are, shall we say, not always the brightest bulbs in the pack but are usually pretty good about making sure we're not overloaded. Except when the GM is there.

And he was last night.

I got nailed. Hard. Not only did all three of my regular section tables get seated but so did my pick-up. All at the same time. Can you say freak out?! I had to ask for help from numerous people just to keep my head above water. Once they all were settled in and had their food it calmed down but until then, holy lord, I thought I was going to fall over. I think my blood pressure shot up about 80 points. The rest of the night wasn't so bad but when one of my co-workers suggested a post work drink or two, I jumped on it. Normally I make it a rule not to drink during the week due to my having to wake up at the butt crack of dawn just to make it in to the full time by 7 a.m. Last night though, I justified it. It's easy to make excuses when you want to.

A red headed slut (ironic, no?) and a long island ice tea later I was feeling a bit tipsy. The fact that the only thing I had eaten since lunch were some chicken fingers, didn't help. Still, I managed to drag myself away from the fun and crawl into bed by 12:30 a.m.

Then the alarm went off at 5:15.

And because of the lack of sleep I am having a stupid day. This morning when I got in, barely on time I might add, I forgot our computer password. Then I forgot what day it was. I walked into the breakroom and forgot why I was there.

Let's hope the stupidity is only temporary and will disappear with the second cup of coffee.

No comments: