Saturday, March 12, 2005

Saturday Randomness

Just got back from the St. Patrick's Parade. Brrrrr, was it ever nippy out there. Lots of fun though, I hung out with my Grandma (who is the coolest Grandma ever), Great-Uncle and one of our old neighbors. We clapped for the little kids freezing their tukus' off and the bands (one of which a good portion of my family marches in). All in all a good way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Now I must start some laundry since I've been a slacker all week and never got around to it. Blah.

Last night turned out to be more fun than I thought it would. The party at my college room mate's was a blast. We laughed until we cried and had a good time in general. The original plan called for everyone to go out for a few drinks afterward, but most of the girls left right away so I hightailed it back home and met up with the Lobster crew at our usual hangout. I spent the night downing vodka and cranberry's and having interesting conversation (read, sex) over the loud music with my co-workers. The one girl is having problems with her marriage so we touched on that too. The other girl is single, like me, and we hit on the topic about how sometimes it really sucks. The married girl just shook her head at us. Guess it's just another example of the grass is always greener on the otherside.

We finally got kicked out of the bar around 2:30ish. A bunch of us chose to get some late night food so we headed for one of the best diner's in our town, Around the Clock. Big plates, small prices and all the weirdo's you can see for free. Doesn't get much better than that. My head finally hit the pillow around 4 a.m. this morning. Surprisingly enough, I was up around 11 and I don't really feel all that tired. Huh.

Tonigh's activity is way more low key. Since Chad isn't going to be around, his wonderful wife Jen and I are going to go catch the best movie ever made (but that's only my humble opinion) Gone With The Wind, at an old movie theater downtown called the Capitol. Should be a good time. I always cry at that movie. When I was younger I wanted to be Scarlett O'Hara. I mean, the girl had it all. She was a strong person, men were clammering for her attention and she really didn't have too much of a problem with telling people off when the time called for it.

"As God is my witness..."

No comments: