Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A case of the big green meanies

Today I am in a bad mood. I'm talking on a scale of 1 to 10, I'm at about a 12 right now. As in the first person to even so much as cross me the teensiest bit will probably get their face ripped off.

Yeah. It's that bad.

I rarely lose my temper. Mostly I'm the kind of person who holds it in until they explode, then they go about their business as if nothings wrong. Today though, today the explosion started early and with as much force as Vesuvius.

Through no fault of my own (stupid alarm clock) I was late getting out the door. Luckily I had taken my shower last night so that saved me about 15 minutes but still, by the time I put the dog out, fed him and made an attempt to make myself look like a human being I was later than usual getting out the door.

Then I saw the piece of paper under my windshield wiper.

In order to keep this goofy semi clean town, about a million years ago the town fathers (and mothers) thought it would be a good idea to have regular street sweepings within the city limits. Good idea in theory. Every third Monday and Tuesday (from 12 a.m.) the police go through and if you're parked on the side of the road that is being swept you're ticketed. I've had THREE so far this year. Grrrr. It's not that the $15 is so much money, it's the principle of the matter. The streets aren't that dirty. Why should I be forced to remember this stupid annoyance once a month when there are other things this city's cops could be doing?

Then there's the issue of the garage. It's scheduled to be worked on soon, but if the garage was in better shape I could park in there. Now Room mate #1 is the only one who can.

I know, I know. Things could be worse so I should quit my bitching, right? Wrong.

It's going to be one of those days, I can feel it already. Every little thing is going to get on my nerves and if I don't end up kicking someone's ass by the time my head hits the pillow, it's going to be a freaking miracle.

No comments: