Friday, August 19, 2005

Message

The little box popped up while I wasn't looking.

17 emails. 4 from the address list. 1 I wasn't expecting.

After the little message back at the beginning of May just to let me know He was alive, I honestly didn't expect to hear from him again. Oh, I still think about Him every now and then. I wonder how school's going (He's back on the college scene courtesy of the 'rents). If He survived any of the hurricanes that roared through Florida in June/July. If He's "seeing" anyone new.

The usual curiosity.

Then today, there was the email. A short note, typical of Him. School starts Monday. He started a landscaping business with his brother. He is now the proud owner of "a three month old furry ball of hell".

It made me smile. To know He's doing o.k. (I'll still worry). To know life is going a little better for Him. To know He's happy. It was enough for me.

I messaged back a quick email full of the usual platitudes and caught him up on the news. Still at the same job. Quit the Lobster. Just biding my time until...well, I don't know what.

But enjoying the messages, no matter how few and far between they are.

No comments: