Friday, August 12, 2005

Roughing it...sort of

In exactly 7 hours I will be heading for the more lush parts of Pennsyltucky as I join some of my oldest friends and their various significant others at the Rice Paddy in Caledonia. We planned this trip about a month ago as a way for Leslie and Geoff to celebrate the end of their law school days but it's turned into a massive Happy 30th Birthday party for at least three out of the group.

God, are my friends really 30?

Sigh. Guess so. I'll be hitting that number in about three months. But I'm not going to think about that now. Nope. This weekend all I've got on my mind is hanging at the cabin, where roughing it means there's no air conditioning, trying to enjoy the golf outing tomorrow and drinking with good friends.

Hopefully I'll have pictures to share when I come back. Then you can all point and laugh at the Unfortunate Dye Job Incident of '05. Trust me, it's not pretty.

Before I go, this story caught my eye this morning.Those wacky Brits.

Have a good weekend kiddies. I know I will.

No comments: