Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Slow on the uptake

So I thought I'd be smart and all, considering I am now the proud owner of an mp3 player, and get myself hooked up on Napster. Easy enough. Pay a nominal fee, get whatever music I want in unlimited quantities.

Daniel Powter, sure. Pussy Cat Dolls, you got it. Duran Duran, here you go. 311, why not.

Yeah. As if that would be easy, because, you know, nothing in life is ever easy...except for me after a few drinks but that's a different story for a different time.

Now after about 3 hours of attempting to download tunes and burn them on a cd for my trip tomorrow I have...bumpkiss. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

Sigh. On top of that, I haven't packed one stitch yet.

Those bastards at Napster wouldn't let me burn any of the music I had downloaded for god only knows what reason. Then they wanted to charge me an additional $21?! I think not.

On top of that, my CD case is missing. So I'm limited to whatever the hell radio stations I can manage to find along the I-95 corridor from South Central Pennsyltucky to the little sis's house in Jacksonville, N.C.

God help me. This trip is NOT starting off well. I can only hope that at least one of two things happens tomorrow: 1. I find my CD collection unscathed somewhere in this mess of a house or 2. I follow room mate #1's advice, listen to the mp3 player with one ear bud, get pulled over by some hottie cop in Virginia/North Carolina, he asks me out, it's love at first sight and we live happily ever after.

And monkey's may fly out of my butt too.

So with that, I bid you adieu. Enjoy your next couple of days my dears and I'll catch you when I return.

No comments: