Monday, August 22, 2005

Tears

Tears and a red face.

"Hey, are you o.k.?"

It was one of my coworker's stopping by my desk to add one more thing to the growing pile right next to me.

"Yeah. Fine. Just had a coughing fit," I fibbed as I turned around with a smile.

Mondays are bad. For some reason, it's as if the entire cosmos knows I'm going on vacation in three days and decided to send bad people with nasty vibes my way today. Just to make up for the fact that I won't be in for five days.

There was the lady who yelled at me over the phone for something I had no control over. Then the gentleman that demanded a supervisor and his money back. Oh and then the woman who missed deadline for her ad but insisted it run the day she wanted it to anyway. And on, and on, and on.

I felt like I was on the verge of a breakdown by the time my relief came in at 12:30.

"I'm heading to lunch Marie...and I may not come back!" was all I said as I walked away from the desk.

Two more days, two more days, two more days...

No comments: