Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Trippy McKlutz strikes again

At 7 a.m. all I want in life is to get a cup of coffee, easy on the creamer, light on the sugar and heavy on the caffeine to start my day.

Nothing more, nothing less.

This morning, 10 minutes after I arrived at work, as is my custom I made my way back to the break room for my first cup of the day.

15 minutes later I was on the way to the emergency room.

As I was going to put the Hazelnut flavored creamer back onto the countertop, I misjudged my space, knocked over my freshly made, freshly poured cup of coffee and managed to give myself a "severe first degree burn". At least that's what the cute doctor who treated me called it.

My left forearm is now covered in white goop, with a non-adhesive bandage on top then wrapped in white gauze. I'm also starting to feel the effects of the percocet I took for pain 20 minutes ago.

So I guess there is an up side to this whole thing.

No comments: