Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Slip of the finger

" meeting sexion will be held January 6, 2006 at 3 p.m."

I don't think you meant to write that.

This morning my inbox overfloweth.

On top of my regular duties on the Obit Desk, it's up to me to fill in for the front counter person. Which means doing all of the legal ads that come streaming in to the office on a daily basis. Yesterday was more like a flood and I must admit, I didn't proof read quite as well as I usually do.

One of my co-workers had caught my slip of the finger, thought it was funny and decided to let me know about it.

Oops! Thanks for catching that. Guess you know where my brain is lately?!

This month marks nine months since any inappropriate contact has occured between myself and a certain former coworker from the Lobster. And I'm finding it's true, that old saying about women hitting their peak around the age of 30. But I'm also finding that the one night stands of old just aren't doing it for me anymore.

Now I want more. As much as I hate to admit it, the idea of actually finding someone for the long haul is more appealing to me. Oh, don't get me wrong, the occasional fling is enough to hold me over. Some plain old vanilla type sex every now and then to fill in the gaps.

But somewhere along the way it just get's old.

Unfulfilling.

Again, not unlike some of my formers.

Conversations with friends old and new lately have gotten me thinking towards getting myself looking again. Not that I don't look all the time but actually putting forth an effort. Wearing makeup when I go out. Maybe pulling out the dusty curling iron. Smiling more often and *gasp* making eye contact. Showing off the girls when the occasion calls for it.

Just being open to the idea that maybe, there really is someone out there.

More importantly my friends have reminded me that I am worthy of the L word. And for once, I tend to agree with them.

No comments: