Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I like mine with lettuce and tomatos...

Well kids, I did it.

Today not only did I find a new part time job but I may have found the best motivation ever to get my large ass in gear.

Effective 4:30 p.m. this afternoon, I am now a part-time hostess at Cheeseburger in Paradise. And the kicker? The part that's going to make me want to actually get off my tuckus and go running again (besides my new free membership to the local YMCA)?

As part of our uniform we will be sporting one of these:



Yes. I will be wearing a sarong to work (not the hooker shoes). I do believe my first reaction was something along the lines of "You're going to subject the public to me in one of those?!"

Luckily my new manager is a pretty good humored guy.

"Sure! You can wear shorts underneath you know. Most of the girls do."

So that's that. I'm excited to start. They call their employees Islanders. Those of us who will be there when the place opens are Native Islanders. Corny, but fun. And on top of that I'll be making a decent wage for a part-time. So maybe I can finally take care of some of this debt and get some money stashed away for another attempt at Ireland.

The only island I really want to be on.


No comments: